I love mango smoothies. ESPECIALLY when they help boost my metabolism.
Mangos are a delicious treat all by themselves. Believe it or not, I had never even tasted a mango until I was 27 years old!
My very first mango was a deliciously fresh mango, right from Castaway Island. (We went on an AMAZING Disney Cruise and on the day the boat docks at Disney’s Private Island, they offer you a scrumptious buffet of island food!
After that, I was hooked. Unfortunately, mangos are also quite high in sugar for fruit and they tend to add unnecessary calories to most dishes.
BUT THIS MANGO SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE IS A TOTAL EXCEPTION TO THAT RULE.
Even though it is loaded with both mango and banana, it’s also loaded with chia seeds which are known to boost metabolism due to their high vitamin B content.
Chia seeds also burn belly fat and are high in omega 3 which helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
And they don’t call them a superfood for nothing, folks! Adding to their amazing qualities, chia seeds are high in antioxidants which slow the aging process!
Umm… yes please!
And if you’re still worried about your calorie count, you can swap out the almond milk for water to reduce your calorie count!
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of sliced frozen bananas
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup Ice (optional)
- Place chia seeds in almond milk and allow them to soak for at least 10 minutes, refrigerated.
- Put bananas, mangos, and chia seed mixture into a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- If you prefer a more slushy-like consistency, add up to 1 cup of ice and continue to blend.
- When you've reached your desired consistency, pour into a cup and enjoy!
Water can be substituted for almond milk. The result may be slightly less creamy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 8.6gSaturated Fat: 1.1gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 83.8gFiber: 14gSugar: 59.5gProtein: 7.1g