This easy-peasy sports themed valentine's box will leave you looking like mom of the year... for less than $3
Check it out.
- Soccer Ball Design (Free)
- 1 Piece of Foamboard ($1 at Dollar Tree)
- 1 Piece of Posterboard ($0.50 at Dollar Tree)
- A Pencil (On Hand)
- An exacto knife ( I had this on hand.. You can also use a utility knife.)
- A hot glue gun (Not Pictured) (I had this on hand, You can use tape in a pinch)
- Glue stick (Not Pictured) ($1)
DIY Soccer Ball Valentine's Box
Step 1 - Print out 2 copies of this design.
Step 2- Cut out both pieces and trace your design onto a piece of foamboard. (Cheaper foamboard works best!)
Step 3 - Use an Exacto Knife to cut out the around your lines and then gently press on the foamboard to remove pieces.
Step 4 - Lay your poster board in landscape (horizontal) and cut out two strips from your poster board. Each strip should be 3-4 inches wide.
Step 5 - Draw/trace a rectangle in the center of one of the two strips. This will serve a the hole for collecting Valentine's. Use your Exacto knife to cut it out.
Step 6 -Measure and cut the other of the strips to fit across the bottom of the "ball".
Step 7 -Starting with the base, use hot glue to attach the foam sides to the strips of poster board.
Step 8 -Finally, glue your design to the foam board on each side.